Made possible by
Fritz Sybergs Vej 9
DK 8270 Hojbjerg
Influence on Sales
There is no one recipe marketing experts can give you to make your products
or services a great sales success. Or maybe..
Various business operation parameters must be utilized to influence sales. You and your helpers will be the ones who decide which parameters to use.
Ideally, a total optimisation of sales would be to add the necessary
resources to each parameter at the right time. The big questions are: What are
the necessary resources? When is the right time?
As a help to answer these two questions you can use the below parameters as
1) Fundamental sales affecting parameters:
- Product design - product/service quality
- Packaging - design, homogeneity, signalling environmental friendliness,
- Product range - wide, deep, trade specific
- Price - pricing, psychological prices, sale, market-based price, etc.
- Payment terms - cash, credit, discounts, etc.
- Service - obligations to buyer, right of return, e-services, pre-delivery,
- Location - near customers, near wholesaler
- Staff - conduct, knowledge, expertise, specialisation, attitude
- Distribution - direct/indirect sales, retail concept, co-operative
purchasing association, sales van, packaging, physical transportation, etc.
2) Communication parameters
- Go to next
business issue: SWOT analysis
- Advertising - advertisements, printed matter, internet, catalogues,
brochures, magazines, flyers, cinema/TV/radio commercials, traffic adverts,
shop displays, exhibition guides, signing, promotional gifts, etc.
- Sales promotion - sample products, introductory offer, demonstration,
delivery on approval, in-store displays
- Public relations - publicity, storytelling, press releases, events,
- Fair and exhibition showcasing
- Sponsorship - providing sponsorship for culture, sports, and environment
- Personal sales promotion - sales letters, cold calling, direct mailing