How to promote a store
If you have a shop, a clinic or restaurant, there are at least 13 tips for
making customers buy from your business
The starting point for your marketing is that you have a
good product or
provide a good service. Once you are sure, tell potential customers what you
are selling and where you live so they can come and buy from you.
Try these 13 store promoting activities
- Personal sales - outside the store - Always try to get
customers into the store. Find ways to nudge customers into the store. For
example, tasting samples, interesting offers or a cup of coffee
- Personal sales - in the store - Personalized service is
essential for your store to be viewed positive in terms of quantity. Good,
friendly and courteous service is remembered by the customer who tells it to
other potential customers
- Logo - Make a nice logo that signals the quality and
the recognizability of what you sell - two factors that are very important
to your sales. You can have inexpensive logos made at
- Business Cards – hand them out in all the places you
come to. In the store, in friends stores, at meetings and when you are with
friends. Of course the logo is part of the business card
- Flyers - A great flyer can attract more customers and
increase your sales. You hand out your flyers to customers in the store, put
them in letterboxes, etc. Write the flyer using the
- Advertising Signs - Get a nice
advertising sign for the facade. Do you live by a public road, so make
sure that those who pass by know you exist. Make a sandwich sign and write
your good deals so people who pass by may want to go into your store
- Light - Make sure there is good light in your store. Is
there half dark, the customers think you are closed and the goods look
boring in darkness.
- Storefront window displays - A well made
window display offer a unique opportunity for you to grab customers
attention and get them to come into your store.
- Website - Customers must be able to find you on the
internet. Here customers will check you and look for great deals.
You must have your own
website. A Facebook page is not enough
- Electronic newsletter and social media - Get customers
in the store to sign up for your online newsletter or Facebook page so you
can send an email to them when you have a great deal
- Ads - Get more customers through great deals that you
market through weekly newspapers or other newspapers with other shop owners
in the area.
- Google My Business - is a free marketing tool. Your Business Profile appears
at the right part of the screen when people are searching for your business or businesses like yours
on Google Search and Maps. Make your free profile from here
- Events - Events can also increase your sales. It may be
fashion show, oriental cooking or lectures about the stores goods.
A shop, restaurant or clinic must constantly evolve and improve. It is the
way to get new customers and keep the old ones.
Listen to the customers.
- Maybe they ask for items you do not have?
- Consider whether the missing items should be in the store.
- Do they criticize that the goods are not fresh or outdated?
- That the shop is badly decorated?
- Can you feel that they think the store is boring?
... then do something about it.
Money coming in says I´ve made the right marketing decisions.
Adam Osborne, made the first portable computer